For many Australians, super is one of the biggest investments and Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) are increasingly becoming popular among tax payers to plan for their retirement. SMSFs can be suitable for people with a lot of super and extensive skills in financial and legal matters. You can set up your own private super fund and manage it yourself, but only under strict rules regulated by the Australian Taxation Office.
SMSFs are required to meet very high standards of compliance requirements including Annual Financial Report, Tax Return and Independent Audit Report. We can assist clients with:
- Setting up a SMSF and Benefits rollover.
- Preparing Annual Financial Statements , including operating statement, statement of financial position, notes to financial statements and annual member benefits statement which contains member’s tax and preservation components.
- Independent Compliance Audit.
- Preparing and Filing Income Tax Returns, calculation and advise on tax liability or tax refund due.
- Preparation of minutes, reports etc required for fund administration.
- Administration and reconciliation of SMSF’s transaction data.
- Obtaining of an actuarial certificate where required.
- Preparation of detailed investments reports, such as investments movement report, year-end market valuation report etc.
- Managing communications and correspondence with Australian Taxation Office.
Setting up and managing your own super is one of the biggest financial decisions you will take in your life. This comes with a lot of added responsibilities, restrictions, and risks even before you think about the returns. For more details about setting up your SMSF and the associated compliance matters call us for a free initial discussion and we will be happy to provide you with more information.
Your Super is a very important part of your life. Educating yourself is among the best ways to secure the very best of your interest. For more information on super funds, please visit http://www.ato.gov.au/superfunds/keywordindex.aspx. We will be happy to assist you with any specific questions you may have.